July Favourites

REN Omega 3 Night Repair Serum // Diptyque Philosykos EDT // REVLON Colorstay Lip pencil in Nude // Jouer matte Moisture Tint in Porcelain // Pupa Like A Doll Cream Blush #201 // Chantecaille Just Skin Tinted Moisturizer // And Other Stories Nail Polish in Madras Lime & Sarzil Mango
Heat waves and busy days made me strip my routine to its bare-bones and keep it simple in the last few weeks. Here are the essentials that made it to the top list during the month of July.

The REN Omega 3 Night Repair Serum (34£) is not just one of my favourite products of the month but it might actually be my favourite serum ever. I thought nothing could take Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair's place in my heart but this truly blew me away. My skin looks plumper, softer and more hydrated every time I use it. It's like a full night of beauty sleep in liquid form and the fruit salad scent is to die for. I doubt anything will ever match this serum. I'm so pleased with everything REN I've tried so far, I want to try out the whole range now.

Lately I've been seriously obsessed with fig scents and Dyptique Philosykos EDT (50£) has quickly become my signature fragrance for summer. It's sweet and slightly musky, and smells exactly like ripe figs under the sun. In the past I tended to skip fragrances when it was too hot outside, but Philosykos isn't too overwhelming and is so light and fresh it feels almost like a body spray.

As for makeup, foundation can be a little tricky in the summer months but I managed to find an amazing pair for my easy days, when I can get away with a lighter coverage but I still want everything to stay put till night time. The Chantecaille Just Skin Moisturizer (57£) is a favourite of many bloggers but unfortunately never did it for me. I like the light formula and the coverage, but the dewy finish somehow, instead of giving a radiant appearance to my skin, makes tiny bumps and pores look worse. However when I mix it with the Jouer Matte Moisture Tint (29£) - kind of a tinted moisturizer version of my beloved Laura Mercier Silk crème - I get a flawless, demi-matte base that stays perfect for hours and doesn't feel too heavy. I've also been using the Pupa Like A Doll Cream Blush #201 (10£) non-stop since I bought it. This cream-to-powder coral blush is terribly flattering for my porcelain complexion and lasts really well throughout the hottest days. I simply buff it on my cheeks with my foundation brush, building the color slightly on the apples for a natural flush.

A couple of new additions to my nail polish collection include Madras Lime and Sarzil Mango from the And Other Stories Nail Color (6£) range. I'm loving wearing these two shades at the moment. The price is decent, the formula very good and the brush is the same amazing one featured by Dior and Essie Diffusion polishes. I wasn't overly impressed by the rest of the makeup range but these are definitely worth a look.
Finally, I had the chance to try the REVLON Colorstay Lip pencil in Nude (6.29£) on a job and I loved it so much I added it to my collection right away. It's the perfect mix of pink, brown and mauve therefore works well on many different skin tones. I'm actually seriously impressed by the Colorstay formula: it's opaque, long-lasting and doesn't feel drying on the lips.

What have you been loving lately?

***

Ondate di calore e giornate piene di impegni mi hanno costretta a ridurre la mia routine all'osso nelle ultime settimane, e a puntare sulla semplicità. Ecco i prodotti del mese di Luglio che sono sopravvissuti ai tagli.

Il REN Omega 3 Night Repair Serum (39€) non è solo uno dei miei preferiti del mese, ma potrebbe facilmente essere il mio siero preferito di sempre. Mai avrei creduto che un prodotto potesse spodestare l'Advanced Night Repair di Estee Lauder ma questo mi ha rubato il cuore fin dal primo utilizzo. La mia pelle migliora a vista d'occhio e sembra più piena, morbida ed idratata. E' come una notte di sonno in formato liquido ed il profumo di marmellata di frutta è da perdere la testa. Non sarà facile prendere il posto di questo siero. REN colpisce ancora e la voglia di provare tutto il resto della linea si fa sempre più forte.

Ultimamente la mia ossessione per il profumo di fico ha raggiunto livelli allarmanti e Dyptique Philosykos EDT (60€) è diventato immediatamente la mia fragranza preferita per l'estate. E' dolce e leggermente muschiata, e profuma come fichi maturi al sole. In passato tendevo a lasciar perdere i profumi nei mesi più caldi, ma Philosykos non è troppo prepotente ed è così fresco e leggero da sembrare quasi uno spray per il corpo.

Per quanto riguarda il makeup, la questione 'fondotinta' si fa spinosa durante i mesi estivi, però sono riuscita a trovare la coppia perfetta per tutti i giorni, quando mi basta una coprenza leggera ma ho bisogno comunque che la base resti perfetta a lungo. Il Chantecaille Just Skin Moisturizer (65€) è il preferito di molte blogger, d'oltremanica, ma purtroppo non mi ha mai convinta completamente. Amo la leggerezza della formula e la coprenza, ma il finish luminoso in qualche modo, invece di donare alla mia pelle un aspetto radioso, evidenzia pori e micro-imperfezioni, rendendoli molto più visibili. Però mischiandola con il Jouer Matte Moisture Tint (33€) - la versione crema colorata, ma quasi ugualmente coprente, ed opaca dell'amato Silk crème di Laura Mercier - si ottiene una base perfetta e satinata, che dura per ore e quasi non si sente sul viso. Da quando l'ho acquistato, ho utilizzato il Pupa Like A Doll Cream Blush #201 (11.90€) tutti i giorni. Questo blush dal finish cream-to-powder dona moltissimo alla mia carnagione chiara e resiste anche alle giornate più afose. Lo applico sulle guance con il pennello del fondotinta, insistendo sullo zigomo per un effetto rossore naturale.

Madras Lime e Sarzil Mango della linea And Other Stories Nail Color (7€) sono due delle più recenti aggiunte alla mia collezione di smalti. Sto adorando queste tonalità ultimamente e nell'ultimo mese praticamente non ho indossato altro. Il prezzo è discreto, la formula molto buona ed il pennello applicatore è lo stesso degli smalti Dior ed Essie Diffusion. Il resto della linea makeup non mi ha colpita particolarmnete, ma gli smalti valgono senz'altro un'occhiata.
Infine, durante un lavoro, ho provato la REVLON Colorstay Lip pencil in Nude (12€) e mi è piaciuta così tanto che l'ho subito aggiunta alla mia collezione. E' il mix perfetto di marrone, rosa e malva, e quindi funziona su diverse carnagioni ed è quasi identica al colore delle mie labbra. La formula Colorstay mi ha molto colpita: il tratto è saturo, dura a lungo e non secca le labbra.

Quali prodotti vi sono piaciuti di più ultimamente?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Popular Posts